Sunday, April 20, 2014

SONG-OGRAPHY + SCAVENGER HUNT SUNDAY 4.20.14

taken 4.19.14

finally.... I managed to pull my camera out. I guess I needed Spring Break to get me over the "BITTER SADNESS"

You're probably wondering why I posted a picture of the cat? it's the neighbor's cat... {I spied their cat napping in the patio yesterday!} and we're sad they are moving next week. It's a young couple with a 3-year-old, and another one on the way! they needed space for their growing family to run, ride bikes and roll in the grass! so, once again, we'll be hearing THE SOUNDS OF SILENCE!!!
Oh my! My FIT-BIT is screaming at me! that number is a far cry from 10,000 steps a day!! I hadn't worn it for 10 days... so I had to charge it and the recorded number that emerged was 36 steps {which was the number of steps I walked during the night from the bed to the bathroom}. I do have an excuse... I can't wear my "tennies" {foot is healing from some minor surgery}? my new magazines arrived? and, ummm, Lydia was visiting?! I know, poor excuses, huh? I'm so NEGLECTFUL...

The "hummers" {hummingbirds are prolific} are enjoying the blooming honeysuckle! JPE's sister sent this assortment of herbs to plant... he's officially resigned from one of his jobs, so in addition to teaching his college courses, he'll have more time to garden & cook {hence, the retirement GIFT of "starters"}. Both are definitely SIGNS OF SPRING.

I DON'T wear dresses! in fact, I had to buy a dress for Steph & Mazen's wedding last November! but, JPE is officiating a wedding in mid-May so, I found this lovely, inexpensive dress {from Macy's}... just arrived in the mail on Friday!
BUT, my last PURCHASE(S) have been paperbacks! I finished the bottom three; am currently reading the one on the top {which is the sequel to The Art of Hearing Heartbeats by Jan-Philip Sendker}; & still to read, People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks & The Wedding Bees by Sarah-Kate Lynch.

Afternoon light casting a SHADOW across the bedroom wall. Allie gave me the adorable laser-cut alphabet last Christmas. She found it at bookhou.com...

I put a few Spring/Easter decorations out at the beginning of March. When Stephanie moved to Washington DC, I believe she left this glasswear behind? I added some shredded paper, a German paper egg & added three additional eggs to this display. Who knew one of the SCAVENGER HUNT SUNDAY items to photograph would be FOUR THINGS???

Speaking of SCAVENGER HUNT SUNDAY... I haven't participated in quite a few weeks. So, I'm behind the camera again! There are some adorable SPRING-LIKE photos being posted at Ashley's blog, Rambling & Photos. Stop by and say HI!

You'll never guess what I did??? I just "hunted" for the words for April 13th. Oh my goodness! Well, I'm still posting --- but, the actual words for this week are: TRICK, SELECTIVE COLOR, CLOSE-UP, MIRROR or EASTER & BRIGHT COLORS. Just pretend my pictures fit this week's words.

Tomorrow, I'm driving with JPE to Palo Alto... while he's teaching, I'll help Allie with her kinders!! Looking forward to dinner with she & Brian...  BUT, I've already written my post for Monday, so, be sure and come back tomorrow.

 

4 comments:

  1. Great shots even if they are last weeks. I seem to neglect my magazines too. I'll catch up someday... maybe. Signs of spring is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I loved them even if you got mixed up and did last weeks. The Signs of spring was very pretty. I also liked your Shadow shot and the Four Things. So sorry to hear about the problems with work. It's never easy dealing with those kinds of things. I hope you all get through it and can move on to better tings. Hugs & Prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Foot surgery, oh no!! I neglect my magazines too and then "binge read" hah!

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to be so late in visiting. It's so sad to lose good neighbors. Here's hoping your "Sounds of Silence" won't last too long. Thank you for joining in at Song-ography.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...